Engagement is important for many areas of your business. It can show that people are interested in what you have to say, and it also gives you feedback on what is working and what isn’t. Engagement on social channels can help to increase your visibility and generate a buzz around your business. Meanwhile in email campaigns, it helps with lead nurturing as you have the readers’ ear, or eye, so to speak!
Engagement works both ways. You don’t always want it coming from the customer. Proactive engagement with potential leads can help to build trust in your company and get the all-important contact information. Good news: live chat can be a great medium for this.
Let’s take a look at the different types of engagement across some of the most popular marketing channels:
The 3 main types of Engagement
Engagement on social media comes in many forms. Depending on the platform it can include: comments, likes, shares, retweets, and re-grams. Engagement can help to increase visibility on the platforms and encourage discussion about your business, helping to attract leads online. Some ideas to increase engagement on your channels include:
- Encouraging fans to share their stories.
- Asking Questions.
- Videos such as Facebook lives or Instagram stories.
Engagement in emails includes open rates, CTA clicks and replies. One of the keys for effective engagement with your campaigns is making sure that your content is relevant to the reader. However, there are a host of other things to look out for such as subject line and strong CTAs. For some tips on increasing your email engagement, check out our article .
Engagement with blogs includes views, commenting and sharing. Good engagement with your blog posts can help to increase SEO, improving lead generation through Google. It can also lend support to the awareness stage of your sales funnel, helping to attract leads. And other tasty benefits too.
Engagement and Live Support
Engaging with potential customers gives you a chance to educate them about your business, build trust and understand their needs.
Live support software can be an effective channel for this, for a number of reasons:
- You can speak to potential leads one-to-one, in real time. Showing that you care enough to take the time to talk to them like this can help to build trust from the start. Engaging with visitors in this way gives you a chance to get to know them personally and connect with them. Moreover, dealing with a real person, not an automated email sequence or pop-up, adds to the personal aspect of the customer experience.
- Live support gives visitors access to a customer rep, instantly. They may not be on your site for long and may have chosen a competitor by the time the time other marketing methods reach them. Having access to someone to answer any questions about your business can help to turn visitors into leads.
- With live chat you can be proactive in your strategy, actively reaching out and engaging with visitors on your site.
First Stop: Engagement Street, Last Call: Conversion City
Engagement is pretty important across your marketing channels if you want to generate solid, qualified leads. And live support can help in this area. Xeno’s quality live support software gives visitor information such as which page they are on and their localization, so you can prioritize who to reach out to with a chat conversation. Moreover, its omni-channel interface lets you engage with potential leads from a range of platforms, without having to leave the app. Keeping your responses quick and efficient, making it easier to turn visitors into leads.